Search This Blog

Sunday 16 March 2014

Welcome!

Hello fellow foodies! Welcome to love my spoon! I just wanted to tell you first off a little about me and what you can expect from my blog. I'm a 23 year old Mary Berry wannabe, with small obsession with all things food! I work 50 hours a week over 2 non-foodie jobs but spend every spare second either researching and planning what to cook next, cooking, or eating, and I love sharing my food with my boyfriend, family and friends! 

I plan to blog once a week to share with you what I have cooked, eaten or learned that week, I may also sometimes backtrack to include some nuggets of the past. 

You'll find that I can sometimes be a bit of a stickler for tradition with how things are done, for example that tub of cream is never going anywhere near my carbonara!! Ever!!! Also I'm all for supporting local producers and specialities and keeping up regional traditions. But equally I'm open to new tastes, experiences and twists when they work!... For example chilli and chocolate is a definite yes! And Yorkshire puddings should definitely be served with all roasts, not just beef!! They are just too good to discriminate! Oooh controversial! 

I also love to understand the science behind methods and ingredients so will include this where possible!... Look out for "Holly's Hints" in my recipes. 

Italian food is my favourite, and I absolutely love baking, but expect to see posts on anything from homemade pasta making, cakes and bakes recipes, English comfort food, dinner party recipes and molecular gastronomy, to book and restaurant reviews. 

I am a sponge for information so please feel free to comment to leave suggestions just as much as observations! I love to learn and would appreciate input from other friendly foodies! 

Happy reading my lovelies!! Cheers and Bon Appetit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment